The aim of Lanarkshire Epilepsy Support is to provide support, to raise awareness and increase understanding of the effects of epilepsy and to establish monthly meetings with the purpose of overcoming the ignorance, fear and misunderstanding that often comes with epilepsy. Greater understanding will assist people in living a fuller life in terms of education, employment and social and recreational opportunities.
The Board of Trustees are responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity, developing the organisations aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines.
• To ensure that the charity and its representatives function within the legal and regulatory framework of the sector and in line with the organisations’ governing document, continually striving for best practice in governance.
• To uphold the fiduciary duty invested in the position, undertaking such duties in a way continually striving for best practice in governance, that adds to public confidence and trust in the charity.
• To determine the overall direction and development of the charity through governance and clear strategic planning.
• Ensuring the charity complies with legislative and regulatory requirements, and acts within the confines of its governing document and in furtherance to organisational activities contained therein.
• Acting in the best interest of the charity, beneficiaries and future beneficiaries at all times.
• Promoting and developing the charity in order for it to grow and maintain its relevance to society.
• Maintaining sound financial management of the charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the organisations’ objects, and investment activities meet accepted standards and policies
If you feel you have skills that could contribute to our mission, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org or 07914 601913