The North Lanarkshire Partnership (NLP) is the formal partnership between North Lanarkshire Council and other statutory bodies such as NHS Lanarkshire, Police and Fire and the voluntary sector, which work together to support improvements to local services to benefit people and communities.
The Partnership meets regularly through Board and Officer meetings. Voluntary sector representation on NLP’s Board is supported through two representatives – June Vallance in her capacity as Chair of the Voluntary Sector Partnership Group (VSPG) and Francis Fallon, as an elected representative who is also Chair of Lanarkshire Links. Voluntary sector engagement in NLP is also supported by regular meetings of the VSPG. The Voluntary sector is also represented on the NLP Officers Group through the CEO of VANL, Maddy Halliday. VANL will be providing updates on these meetings through future editions of this ebulletin.
Local people and community and voluntary organisations are also able to share their views and promote their improvement priorities through six local “Community Matters” forums, which VANL will now be jointly organising and supporting with the Communities Team at North Lanarkshire Council.
Des Murray, CEO of North Lanarkshire, launched NLP’s new, long-term “Plan for North Lanarkshire” to the community and voluntary sector at its annual conference in June 2019, which is organised by VANL. The Plan sets out six major ambitions for improving quality of life and well-being for people living, working and visiting North Lanarkshire including inclusive growth and health and wellbeing.
VANL will be working with the community and voluntary sector in the months and years ahead to:
- explore their views about the Plan
- identify how they contribute to achievement of the Plan’s ambitions
- consider how the Plan might be further developed.
VANL will do this through twice-yearly locality Voluntary Sector meetings; involvement in Community Matters meetings; and special events.
- Our first special event is on the Climate Emergency and the role of the Community and Voluntary Sector in North Lanarkshire on 3rd Sept.
- The next series of six local Community Matters meetings will be held in October 2019 and will focus on how people’s incomes could be maximised, which is a key part of the “inclusive growth” ambition for the Plan.
- The next round of six voluntary sector locality meetings will be held in late Oct/November at which VANL will discuss how we can strengthen community and voluntary sector engagement in the NLP.
VANL will provide further information on all of the above and other developments in future editions of our ebulletins, through our website, social media and emails. Meanwhile if you would like further information please contact VANL staff as follows:
For NLP generally: email@example.com
Community Matters and voluntary sector locality meetings: Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org