There are two voluntary sector representatives who sit at the North Lanarkshire Partnership Board. One is the chair of Voluntary Sector Partnership Board (VSPG) and the other is selected by the sector through an open nomination and ballot process.
The current elected representative is Francis Fallan who has held the position since April 2009.The nomination and ballot process is now due to commence in order to select an individual to represent the voluntary sector for a two year period from June 2018.
The nomination and ballot process will be undertaken and managed by Voluntary Action North Lanarkshire on behalf of the Voluntary Sector Partnership Group – a sub group of NLP.
- Nominations are being invited from individuals who are linked to or involved in the voluntary and community sector within North Lanarkshire.
- Individuals are required to have their nomination supported by two North Lanarkshire voluntary sector organisations.
- All nominees are required to submit a short biography detailing their experience and reasons for seeking election.
- The current representative will be eligible to submit a nomination as per the agreed process.
- All nominations received by Friday 13th April 2018 will be included in a ballot paper that will be mailed – with all biographies - to the sector late April for return Thursday 31st May 2018.
- Any constituted organisation servicing North Lanarkshire - or an area within the local authority boundary – will be eligible to vote for one candidate.
- The successful candidate will be announced at the North Lanarkshire Conference on Thursday 7th June 2018.
- The new representative will be notified to NLP to take up their place at the Board from 7th June 2018
The form can be downloaded here in Microsoft Word format, this form also contains:
- A Biography Pro-forma
- The Role Specification
Completed forms should be returned to VANL’s Airdrie office by Friday 13th April at 12 noon.